ACCESS OUR SCHEDULE & EXCLUSIVE WEB SPECIAL
Secure your spot and get started today with our EXCLUSIVE offer!
Attention MMA Enthusiasts in St Louis!
Our goal is to have a friendly atmosphere and produce great results. If you don’t think you would enjoy a friendly atmosphere, a team spirit, and people that will go out of their way to make you the best you can be, then this may not be the place for you, but if you are serious about learning MMA and getting in shape nothing that should keep you from giving our program a try.
Read On To Discover Why So Many People Just Like You Have Started Training in MMA Classes at Absolute Martial Arts in St Louis
And now feel alive again and ready for anything!
- So, you think you understand the excitement and exhilaration of Mixed Martial Arts from watching shows like ‘The UFC’ or ‘The Ultimate Fighter’?
- Sure, the television had introduced millions to the exciting world of Mixed Martial Arts competition but it will never get your blood flowing or make you “feel alive” like the real thing!
- Like most of my students who first walk through the door of Absolute Martial Arts, you may be thinking that you have to be insane to seriously train in MMA.
- Hey, you probably have a family and a good career or perhaps you just think you’re too old to experience the thrill and exhilaration of training in Mixed Martial Arts.
- And yes, with the right discipline and determination, the staff at Absolute Martial Arts can prepare a student to compete and win at the top levels—but that’s not why most people come through my door! Most want to get in great shape and learn self defense.
They come to feel alive...
Why do you like watching The Ultimate Fighting Championship—heck, why do you like watching a boxing match or a football game?
I’ll tell you why—because it gets your blood flowing for a change!
We live in a society that represses people’s natural instinct to physically compete for their survival. For thousands of years, people were forced to survive the elements and constantly adapt.
Now, we are not really challenged. We live day by day in quiet desperation for a challenge- a quest, so to speak. Something that will force us to go confront our #1 ENEMY – Comfort.
Yes, comfort is the culprit of the depression and the anxiety that most of us feel. We have trouble believing in our ability to overcome because we don’t challenge ourselves regularly. Thus, we don’t have the faith that we will overcome!
Look, none of us wants to go back to the days when we had to hunt for our food every night and I sure as heck don’t want to give up my SUV and start walking everywhere! But tell me that you don’t feel like something is missing in your life—can you? Does watching a football game or a fight on television fill that void—or does it actually make it worse? Most of the people coming to Absolute Martial Arts aren’t looking to become world champion fighters—they are just looking to reclaim their birthright and to FEEL ALIVE AGAIN!!
And hey—I am not even talking to just the men because a lot of women come through my door looking for the same excitement and confidence that comes from Mixed Martial Arts training. Honestly, this society has forced most of us to become virtual robots where we have jobs we despise, bills that never end, and a life that just plain feels empty at the end of the day—for both men and women!
Let’s face it: people were not meant to be stuck in office cubicles all day, commute for an hour or more back and forth to work, and then return home to sit on a couch to do little more than watch what life could be—instead of getting out there and living it!
ABSOLUTE MARTIAL ARTS
- World Class Striking: Our kickboxing coaches have been coached and trained extensively for years under world renowned Muay Thai trainer Master Toddy from Thailand and arguably one of the best kickboxing coaches of all time. Our coaches have learned from the best and have applied it successfully in their instruction of students in both Muay Thai and Dutch Style Kickboxing.
- World Class Takedowns: You will find amazing wrestlers and judo practitioners at Absolute Martial Arts. AMA is known for possessing very strong takedowns and our instructors have utilized them against a lot of submission wrestlers! Our AMA staff learned to wrestle from former UFC Champ Pat Miletich, Division I College Wrestlers, Judo Black Belts, and world class wrestlers!
- World Class Ground Grappling: Our head instructor is a certified Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt under Master Ricardo Murgel, an 8th degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Master Murgel is one of the highest ranks in the world.
- A Structured Beginner's Only Course: When you start out at AMA, you will be going through a special beginner's only course that lasts about six months. In this class, you will be learning from an organized curriculum that balances striking, takedowns, and ground grappling. The classes are designed to work at a pace that beginners can absorb. The beginner's class also takes into account that you may be totally out of shape - one of its principal designs is to get you into good shape and allow you to train harder in the next level.
- Student Safety: A common misconception about MMA training is that to learn effective MMA, you have to get into wild and crazy sparring matches. FALSE. At AMA, most of our students have families and jobs and can't afford to leave the gym with black eyes! The grappling and sparring that is done at AMA is done with utmost control and only when you are ready. Your first sparring sessions take place after you graduate from the beginner course and in the beginning you would only be sparring with an instructor or advanced student, so that you can get comfortable. The idea is to train smart and have fun.
- Great Customer Service: Above anything, this is what we take the most pride in. Our goal is to go above and beyond what you would expect from us. We are constantly trying to find new ways to please our students. It is hard to explain this because it is really the little things that makes our customer service stand out... you will notice it just from the way our staff will greet you when you arrive!
- Clean Facility: Absolute Martial Arts is one of a kind. A 3600 square foot facility with a large mat area, MMA wall cage, and Boxing heavy bags. Plus, we are the cleanest school in St Louis- we disinfect our mats with hospital grade disinfectant. We are one of the only gyms in St Louis that takes mat cleaning seriously.
- Personalized Introductory Lesson: At AMA, we initially have you go through a private lesson with one of our certified MMA coaches. They make sure that you have a good understanding of the techniques and moves that are involved in MMA, while going at a comfortable pace for yourself. This also helps you, as a new student, get acclimated into the actual group class.
OTHER “MMA” OR “SELF DEFENSE SCHOOLS”
- Mediocre Striking: A lot of the so called MMA gyms have decorated point fighters; however, their striking is often mediocre at best. They spend years and years developing their fake tap and run Karate/ Taekwondo skills, but never really learn how to strike in a live situation which makes them a non-qualified coach ... and then they pass it on to you!
- Weak Takedowns:Unfortunately, a lot of grapplers learn their takedowns from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and any educated grappler can tell you that BJJ has weak takedowns. Their skill starts once the fight hits the ground, not before! Their BJJ advanced students begin all their submission matches from their knees! This is a practice only done by beginners at AMA - all of our students with over Six months of training begin from their feet. And if an MMA school does have strong takedowns - sometimes they end up not having good jiu-jitsu ... or bad striking.
- Poor Ground Grappling: There are many so called BJJ schools popping up in St Louis or MMA schools that teach poor ground grappling. Be aware of these schools and realize that many of the other BJJ schools in St Louis have white belts and blue belts as their head instructor. At Absolute Martial Arts we would never let an unqualified person teach at our school. With the popularity of the UFC we can only expect this to get worse. BUYER BEWARE!
- Thrown to the Wolves: Many martial art programs mix you in with the regular class on your first day! Just think about it... how can someone teach a class of people who have been training for two to three years... and then teach you your first class at the same time? That is like getting a calculus and algebra class in one room and trying to teach both at the same time! Either the advanced guys are missing out or the beginners are missing out…
- Brawling Time!: Many MMA schools have this misconception that the only way to learn how to fight is to put on boxing gloves and swing for the fences! This is not true... and actually can be counter-productive, besides dangerous. Many gyms also lack the technique to spar with control and spar hard to compensate for their lack of technique. Brawling during training proves nothing and only hinders the learning process and injures people. If you really want to brawl, save it for the street or in the cage.
- Customer Service?: The question mark is more fitting because most martial arts schools don't seem to even know what customer service is! Most schools have NO customer service. Egos, bad attitudes, and insecurities fuel bad customer service.
- Inadequate or Dirty and small Facility: For striking, wrestling and grappling - you need high QUALITY mats. Most schools have such small mat areas that you can't even start training on your feet, and even with their small mat area they are never clean... most gyms don't clean them! Some gyms that clean their mats only wipe them down with a wet towel, and without disinfectants! The gym needs to be sanitary for your health.
- No Personalized Lesson: Most schools just have you jump into the class and let you fend for yourself in terms of learning the moves. A lot of the MMA gyms and schools out there do not have the patience, nor want to spend the time with new students.
Let's Talk About What’s so Different About Learning Mixed Martial Arts at Absolute Martial Arts in St Louis
What we teach
Our Students learn Techniques and Skills in the most effective Martial Arts ! Our Mixed Martial Arts Students learn the arts of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu BJJ, Wrestling, Western Boxing and our core striking art of Muay Thai Kickboxing.
The synergistic blending of these fighting methods into one curriculum is the reason why some students drive up to 4 hours to come to practice every week.
We are not just a Jiu Jitsu school or a kickboxing gym.
Absolute Martial Arts instructs students to combine all the best martial arts styles into their own personal combat system.
Using this principle, our highly trained staff will first determine your current skill level and then develop a training program that will highlight your strengths and dramatically improve any weak areas until you are a well-oiled machine ready to take on whatever this world throws at you!
The Absolute Martial Arts System will teach you to master all three self-defense situations, including:
- Striking and Counter striking
- Ground and Pound Tactics
- Submissions and Escapes
- Takedowns and Defense
- Combat Athletics (Strength and Conditioning for MMA)
When you train at our Academy you can rest assure that the skills that you are learning are second to none.
Let me explain.
- There are a few different training experiences that you may encounter, according to the feedback of students that have made Absolute their home for training.
- You see they usually fall into one of four categories.
- A grappling/wrestling or Jiu jitsu school that doesn’t have a stand up program or has an inadequate striking program
- A kickboxing school that doesn’t have a grappling program or has an inadequate grappling program.
- A school that is flat out lying to potential students and has no real credentials to teach either.
- A School with a bunch of super hardcore fighters who do way too much sparring and don’t teach new students anything and push them into sparring before they are ready and they get hurt.
- We are proud of the fact that we offer the highest level of instruction in both the grappling and striking arts.
- We teach our students to Master all ranges of combat. You’ll be personally learning from the best instructors and competitors in the area.
To register for the Free New Student Trial, please do one of two things right now:
Pick up the phone and call
We will answer any additional questions that you may have and schedule a special time with an instructor to work with you.
Fill out the form below.